This is my final presentation for our sketchbook project for which we had to complete a number of phases over a 12 week period:
- chose one word which links the two - the word I chose was 'Organic'
- selected a group of objects which represents the chosen theme - pine cones, coral, honesty, sheep's skull, dried orange slices and produced a series of drawings of these which were then bound as an individual sketch book
- made a small bound book following Rachel Hazel's instructions and was in keeping with the theme
- used a variety of materials such as potato prints, feather drawing, grass prints to produce a mark-making sketch book
- produced a sketch book using only paper manipulation
- took elements of the 3 sketchbooks produced and combined them to fill the small bound book using text to highlight the chosen theme
- combined all the elements and techniques used to create one final sketchbook which is to be a piece of artwork within itself
- produced a one-page-book which sums up the entire project
I really enjoyed the creative freedom we had with this project and discovered some new techniques and ideas which have been the inspiration for a number of different pieces.